Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I'm itching to sew. And now I have a reason and something to sew. I should be more specific. I want to sew a quilt. Not just anything. I have not sewn for a good while now and I think its time to start browsing for material. You see, I just found out we are expecting a baby boy to join our family around June. And now that I am more experienced in making quilts and realize its not as hard as it looks I want this baby to have a nice looking quilt. I would make one for my other son who has an e-z made quilt-ish. But my Mom made it for him. Not that its a big deal if I did one, but he JUST started using it. It has been available to him for a whole year and he JUST started using it. He was very attached to his other blankie. It took a bit of convincing to get him to use it. He move to a big boy bed and so therefore has to use a "big boy" blanket. In about a year I think I will make him a new one a bit more fancy. But in the mean time, I have about 18 weeks (comfortably) to produce a nice blanket for this new baby. My first gift to him. I also have to make a new diaper bag (my old one is hanging by threads). So hopefully soon you can be looking forward to maybe some instructions for a new quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment