Thursday, September 6, 2012

Therapy

Sewing is a therapy for me. I love it. It is so relaxing to me to sit and put something together. Then I feel so accomplished when it is done. I used to sew a lot at night when my little girl was a little smaller than she is now. She would have a new dress almost every Sunday for church. I would sew it Saturday night after she went to bed. Then came my little guy that's not so little anymore and I was still able to sew after bedtime. Now I have a smaller little guy that is becoming not so small anymore either and when night time comes I just want to sit and do nothing at all. So my sewing has had to move to the daylight hours and the kids know not to touch anything I an sewing. However, that does not stop them from taking as many scraps as they can and string them all over the house. But I don't mind that so much. They know I love to sew.

So when I moved I forgot a vital piece of quilting equipment at my parents house. Actually 2 things. My cutting mat and ruler. I bought a new mat because mine was getting pretty beat up anyway. But I couldn't bring myself to buy the rulers to cut next to (you the kind I mean) because I have not one BUT 2!! And I left them both! So I finally got around to borrowing one from someone at church that sews and quilts as well. (Sigh) The kindness of friends. So I was able to get some material cut and somewhat finish my quilt i started at my parents house. It took me 2 months to get around to doing a 15 min. job. Oh well. Its done now and I just couldn't wait to finish it before I show you. So yes it is not done. I just have to add batting, backing and machine quilt it (still torn between trying it myself or sending it somewhere else) and then the binding and this baby will be up for SALE!! As for the price I am not sure yet. I have to take into consideration how much the materials cost along with all my time and energy making it. And depending on if I machine quilt it myself or not will go into the price as well.So without further delay...



My heart quilt! Isn't it lovely. I wish I could take credit for the design but I can't. I saw one on etsy and decided I wanted to make one. I had to draw everything out and do all the measurements. It really was quite the process. But now that its almost done it was all so worth it. Maybe I will have to keep it for my own. Who knows. But if anyone is interested let me know. I am not sure yet how I am going to go about selling this, maybe a local quilt shop or I just might have to open something up on etsy. Who knows.

Should I name my quilts??

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I would have to say this is your best one yet!!! I LOVE IT! :) So, what size is it, a twin?
    P.S. Apparently I am part robot because I keep failing the "type the characters" test when I try to post a comment. It's tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking GREAT...can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely name your quilts. how fun! did you open anything on etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great:) Any possibility of selling your pattern and instructions?

    ReplyDelete